With a history dating back to the 13th century, the family estate of Bois-Brinçon is one of the oldest in Anjou. Located on the south shore of the Loire river in the village of Blason Gohier, the domain and its vine sit on the tectonic plate dividing « white » Anjou from « black » Anjou. Several families succeeded one another on these ancestral lands in the center of the Loire and cultivated the vineyard until three hard frosts weakened the vines in a six year period, in the 1950s. In order to survive the financial difficulties due to these frosts, the Cailleau family, owner since 1891, plant orchards on the Clos des Cosses. The family produces its last wines in 1960 and sells the last harvests to the village coop in order to continue with the orchards. In 1990, more than half of the 55-hectare estate is planted with apple trees.
In 1991, the grandson of the same family, Xavier, of the fifth generation of vine growers, pursues apple growing to keep the family’s tradition. He also plans on recovering the grapes from the estate and succeeds, plot by plot, to take keep the harvests that were to be sold to the coop. Gradually, he transforms the vineyard by grinding most of the rows, which allows the grape to flourish and reveal the true terroir behind each plots. At the beginning of the present century, the estate converted to organic, and is certified since 2009.
No products for this manufacturer.